Cacao Nibs Crunch Certified Organic
Certified Organic Cacao Nibs and Cacao Crunch
Pure Organic Cacao is packed full of nutrients like antioxidants, magnesium, and bliss chemicals but without the sugar and chemicals found in your average chocolate bar.
How are Unsweetened Organic Cacao Nibs Made?
The Cacao beans are selected carefully and processed at low temperatures so that all the nutrients are preserved. Once the beans are extracted from their fruit casing they are washed in purified water and then partially ground to create yummy cacao nibs.
How is Sweetened Organic Cacao Crunch made?
To create cacao crunch the cacao nibs are rolled in a paste of liquefied chocolatey nibs then rolled in panela. Panela is a unrefined evaporated sugar cane juice popular in South America. These sweetened organic cacao nibs are a rich chocolate treat with a lightly smoked, coffee flavour.
Which Cacao treat should you choose? Nibs or Crunch?
If you prefer a dark chocolate rich flavour with no added sweeteners then choose the Organic Cacao Nibs.
Buy Organic Cacao Nibs
If you prefer your chocolate treats sweeter then cacao crunch is for you. You get the same cacao nib goodness packed full of nutrients in a sweeter package.
Buy Organic Cacao Crunch.
How to eat cacao nibs and cacao crunch.
Eat as is or grind with coffee, add to smoothies, coffee, icecream, muesli, cakes, muffins, cheesecakes, blissballs, cookie batter or trail mix. You can use them as you would choc chips.
Raw Cacao Nibs Nutritional Facts
- Chocolate has 400 distinct flavour compounds - that's 200% more than any other food! .
- Cacao Power Organic Cacoa foods have an anti-oxidant (ORAC) score of 95,500. To put that into perspective, that's 14 times more antioxidant flavonoids than red wine, 21 times more than green tea, and 7 times more than even dark chocolate!
- Magnesium is the most common deficient major mineral even following a balanced diet - it is estimated that over 80% of Australians are chronically lacking.
Cacao nibs contains high levels of magnesium - possibly being the best food source for magnesium available.
Magnesium aids the absorption of calcium in the body assisting the formation of teeth and bones. It is useful for maintaining healthy heart health - stabilising heart rhythm and blood pressure and preventing abnormal clotting. Magnesium aids healthy muscle function helping muscles relax and preventing cramping - for women magnesium can help to reduce premenstrual and menstrual cramps.
- Phenylethylamine (PEA) found in cacao products is an adrenal-related chemical that is created within the brain and released when we fall in love, and also help increase focus and alertness.
- Pure raw cacao seems to diminish appetite - likely as a result of it's unusual MAO inhibitors that allow more serotonin and other neurotransmittors like anandamide (the bliss chemical) to circulate in the brain, precipitating a rejuvenating effect.
- Cacao nibs contain no sugar and have a fat content lower than most other nuts.
- The Kuna Indians of the Panamanian Islands consume significant amounts of high-flavonol cacao; they also have extremely low blood pressure that doesn't climb as they age.
Some facts about the way mass produced chocolate is made
Cacao is often sourced from cheap tropical countries like Africa that have the dreaded Capra beetle. When this cacao arrives in Australia, quarantine treats that cacao aggressively with methylbromide gas fumigation and irradiation to kill any remnants of the insects.
Pure Cacao Power products are sourced from South America which does not have this pestilent insect and is CERTIFIED ORGANIC by Australian Leader ACO , ensuring that you get what you're paying for in a superfood.
It's a guaranteed premium product with:
- NO heavy metals
- NON irradiated
- NO petrochemical fertilizers
- NO genetically modified organisms (GMO's)
Who loves Cacao Nibs ?
- Raw Foodies
- PMS/PMT sufferers