General Healthy Tips
Twenty General Tips
- If your child has ADHD (1 in 10 boys in the UK) seek the nutrition-based root cause rather than Ritalin (one study showed nutrition was eighteen times more effective) i.e. multi-vitamin/mineral supplement, reduce sugar include good protein with each meal. Monitor wheat, dairy and eggs, cut out tatrazine and monosodium glutamate and give a fish oil supplement.
- Don’t rely on flaxseed oil for adequate brain-building DHA in children. Use a direct source like fish oil as their conversion enzymes are not yet fully developed.
Antibiotics, Allergies and Pepper
- Avoid antibiotics for childrens middle ear infections as the child is five timesmore likely to get a similar infection. Zinc, garlic, olive leaf extract and Zylitol are far better options
- If you suffer allergies then the best two strategies are natural anti-inflammatories (fish oil, curcumin and ginger) and glutamine if you need to repair a leaky gut.
- Say yes! To the pepper mill next time. Pepper contains piperine which increases the absorption of nutrients in your food.
Eggs, Butter and Prunes
- Eat free range eggs often. They are amongst the most nutrient-dense of all foods. They are the richest known source of choline for brain health.
- Never eat margarine as butter is a vastly superior food.
- Prunes do a lot more than keep you pooing! They are the richest known source of anti-oxidants with an ORAC score of 5500.
How your Food is Prepared
- Don’t ever heat or cook food in a microwave! Check out “Russian researchinto microwave ovens” on the internet to see why.
- Avoid char-grilled food as it features cancer-causing nitrates.
- All men should supplement with 25 mg of zinc last thing before bed to avoidprostate problems.
Savour Super Seeds
- Watermelon juice is a great summer drink packed with lycopene, beta carotene and Vitamin C, but use the seeded variety prepared in a blender. Theseeds are a very rich source of zinc, selenium and Vitamin E.
- Pumpkin seeds are superfood containing Luxury levels of calcium andmagnesium and the highest plant source of zinc and iron. They are also a great source of protein and Omega 3 fatty acids
Arthritis and Adrenal Exhaustion
- Arthritis relief is best achieved by eliminating red meat, eating alkalising foods and natural anti-inflammatories (ginger tea, blueberries, pineapples, paw paw, tumeric, carrots and celery juice).
- Have your homocysteine levels checked! Correct a problem with high doses ofVitamin B12, Vitamin B6 and folic acid. SAMe can also be used if necessary.
- If you suffer adrenal exhaustion try supplementing with 2 gms per day oftyrosine (builds adrenal hormones). Also take 3 gms of Vitamin C per day (split doses) and the herbs Ginseng and Rhodiola.
Herpes and Bad Breath
- The best preventative for herpes outbreaks is 1000 mgs lysine a day (3000 mgs for an active infection). Also boost your immunity with 3 gms of Vitamin Cand 2 gms of Cats Claw.
- Bad breath is often caused by poor digestion due to a shortage of H.C.I (Hydrochloric Acid – 300 mgs with each meal). Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice and if this reduces indigestion you are H.C.I deficient.
- Tiredness, cold hands/feet and low blood pressure are symptoms of anunderactive thyroid. Test yourself by taking your temperature each morning on arising for a week. If it is consistently low (below 37.5oC) then you probably have a thyroid problem.
- Supplement with 200 mcg of iodine and 500 mgs of tyrosine twice a day. Fish Oil, Zinc (25 mgs) and selenium (200 mcg) are also needed for thyroid support.
We are plagued by a host of degenerative illnesses, many of which are self-imposed.
In many cases, choosing the best path is as simple as asking the question “does nature approve?”
If you honestly research the answer to that question, you will find that much of what we have been doing in relation to medicine, agriculture and the environment over the past few decades does not receive that critical nod of approval.
I trust that you have received some worthwhile guidelines to increase that approval rating in your own lives.