Healthy Habits - Eat Well
It is not just what you eat but how you eat, when you eat and where your food came from.
If the food on your plate wasn’t around 60 years ago – then throw it in the bin.
Industrial Agriculture, food processing, hybridisation, food storage & food preparation have combined to produce nutrient depleted, sub standard food (a nutrient loss of 80% in 3 generations).
Make every meal a rainbow.
Defensive eating is about intense colours – Purple, green, blue, red, yellow and orange.
These pigments are super-protective i.e. Lycopene, anthocyanins, beta carotene, chlorophyll, lutein, quercetin, etc.
Grow your own nutrient dense, chemical-free food and learn how to cook. Whole foods lovingly prepared with quality ingredients are the essence of eating well.
Always choose grass-fed beef over feedlot beef.
Five Reasons to Avoid Grain-Fed:
- Grain is acidifying & compromises animal health. (Birds are the only creatures designed to eat grain)
- Unhealthy concentration camp animals need constant antibiotics.
- Changes in nutrient profile – Poor fatty acid balance, no C.L.A.
- Don’t support inhumane factory farming.
- Grain-fed beef with poor digestion account for huge greenhouse emissions (methane) as they fart and burp more frequently.
How You Eat
Snacking is less fattening that 3 square meals.
Latest research shows that people having as many as 17 snacks a day instead of 3 meals are more likely to lose weight and maintain the loss. Why is this? It’s about stoking our metabolic fires!
Eating by the Glycemic Index (GI)offers much more than weight loss.
Pancreatic exhaustion appears linked to most degenerative diseases – Nurture your pancreas with low GI food & reap the benefits.
Sugar G.I - 70
Sweet Health G.I - 7
How You Eat
Put aside time to savour food together.
Turn off the TV, chew slowly and enjoy each others company. Food & its consumption has been sacred in every society prior to ours.
Guzzle the Good Oils
Make cold-pressed olive oil, flaxseed oil, cod liver oil and coconut oil an integral part of your diet.
Adopt a detox protocol as routine part of a protective lifestyle
In a world with 74,000 registered chemicals and their countless cocktails, there is no choice: -
Top Five Detox Foods
- Coriander – more powerful than EDTA to chelate and remove heavy metals.
- Garlic – along with onions & leeks, garlic contains sulphur-based compounds which are key players in phase 1 detoxification.
- Tropical Fruit – pineapple, paw paw, lychees & blueberries – cram packed with antioxidants to neutralise the residuals from toxins.
Identify and eliminate excesses and allergens.
Wheat, Dairy & Sugar can be both problem excesses and allergens. Eggs, Corn, Soy & Peanuts are common allergens.
Analyse your input of the sensitive seven.
Reduce excesses by limiting yourself to no more than 2 servings of wheat, dairy & added sugar a day.
Identify allergens with an elimination diet. I.e. Remove the food from your diet for 10 days, reintroduce & monitor response.